The 2018-19 Upper Deck Series 1 release started the season off with a bang. Introducing amazing Young Guns like Elias Pettersson, who is gathering such positive attention that even Wayne Gretzy – the Great One himself – is comparing the young player to himself.
Still, this series is titled #1 for a reason, and that’s because it is released in two parts.
2018-19 Upper Deck Series 2 is soon to be upon us, with retail boxes, blasters, and tins being released next month on February 20th.
This set will add an additional 200 cards to the base set, plus 50 new Young Guns, for a total of 250 new cards of some of your favorite players.
But what does this set hold? What gems does it contain and which Young Guns will be included in this next addition to the hobby?
The Young Guns of 2018-19 Upper Deck Series 2
If you thought that all the great hits were included in Series 1, then think again.
Included in Upper Deck’s Series 2 are names such Andrei Svechnikov and Casey Mittelstadt, both which are highly sought after by collectors for their long term potential as well as the expected growth of the players throughout their careers.
These are just two names, but there are forty-eight other exciting Young Guns to be found in the 2018-19 Upper Deck Series 2 set.
A full list of the Young Guns included in this set can be found below;
- 451 Andrei Svechnikov, Carolina
- 452 Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Philadelphia
- 453 Casey Mittelstadt, Buffalo
- 454 Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Los Angeles
- 455 Erik Cernak, Tampa Bay
- 456 Jeremy Lauzon, Boston
- 457 John Gilmour, New York Rangers
- 458 Sheldon Rempel, Los Angeles
- 459 Eric Robinson, Columbus
- 460 Christian Wolanin, Ottawa
- 461 Henrik Borgstrom, Florida
- 462 Matt Luff, Los Angeles
- 463 Ilya Samsonov, Washington
- 464 Matthew Highmore, Chicago
- 465 Jacob MacDonald, Florida
- 466 Isac Lundestrom, Anaheim
- 467 Gavin Bayreuther, Dallas
- 468 Urho Vaakanainen, Boston
- 469 Joe Hicketts, Detroit
- 470 Spencer Foo, Calgary
- 471 Cal Petersen, Los Angeles
- 472 Robert Thomas, St. Louis
- 473 Joey Anderson, New Jersey
- 474 Sami Niku, Winnipeg
- 475 Cooper Marody, Edmonton
- 476 Nicolas Roy, Carolina
- 477 Juuso Valimaki, Calgary
- 478 Steven Fogarty, New York Rangers
- 479 Ethan Bear, Edmonton
- 480 Brett Seney, New Jersey
- 481 Victor Edjsell, Chicago
- 482 Noah Juulsen, Montreal
- 483 Mathieu Joseph, Tampa Bay
- 484 Drake Batherson, Ottawa
- 485 Juho Lammikko, Florida
- 486 Dominic Turgeon, Detroit
- 487 Sam Steel, Anaheim
- 488 Dylan Gambrell, San Jose
- 489 Dylan Sikura, Chicago
- 490 Alexandre Fortin, Chicago
- 491 Carter Hart, Philadelphia
- 492 Andreas Johnsson, Toronto
- 493 Dan Vladar, Boston
- 494 Clark Bishop, Carolina
- 495 Rourke Chartier, San Jose
- 496 Zach Aston-Reese, Pittsburgh
- 497 Lias Andersson, New York Rangers
- 498 Jakub Zborill, Boston
- 499 Brady Tkachuk, Ottawa
- 500 Andrei Svechnikov, Carolina /Brady Tkachuk, Ottawa, Checklist
The Young Gun rookie cards can be found in every fourth pack, making the odds 1:4, meaning that in the typical 2018-19 Upper Deck Series 2 Retail Box, you will find six Young Gun rookie cards!
Perhaps you are just looking for one player in particular, or perhaps you are like many others and are seeking to acquire them all, adding this complete list to your collection.
2018-19 Upper Deck Series 2 Chase Inserts
Although this set is best known for its list of 50 Young Gun cards, there are a few surprises found along the way, that will make your card cracking adventures even more exciting.
Included in the Upper Deck Series 2 Retail Boxes are a number of “hits” that can be found, including the highly coveted set within a set, known as the Upper Deck Canvas Young Guns.
These Young Gun variants are incredibly challenging to acquire a complete set of and thus are exactly why they are so highly sought after. The odds of receiving one is 1:48.
Much more common, are the UD Canvas variants of the 200 card base set, which can be found in every eight pack.
Even as rare as the Young Gun Canvas rookie cards are, there are even rarer hits to be found within this amazing set, including the following;
- Day With The Cup – 1:2500
- Rookie Materials – 1:58
- Rookie Photoshoot Flashback Materials – 1:288
Count yourself lucky if you have the good fortune of pulling either a “Day With the Cup” or “Rookie Photoshoot Flashback Materials” card, with the former being found in every 2500 packs and the later in every 288 packs.
The 2018-19 Upper Deck Series 2 set looks like it is coming strong out of the gates and will be another huge success, carrying on the trend that the first half of the set started last year.
Whether you are looking to just acquire the additional 200 cards in this series base set, or acquire each and every card within this second half of the set, we wish you luck and hope that you pull the card you are searching for!
Which card do you have your sights set on? Is it a particular Young Gun, or one of the rarer chase inserts? Either way, we’d love to hear!